UCSF Research Collaboration
Research collaboration at the Osher Center is limited to UCSF researchers. If you are a UCSF researcher and would like to know more about conducting research at the Osher Center (including use of clinical space), you must place a formal request by completing a Clinical Research Application Form.
Use of the clinic is defined as using any Osher Center facilities. Facilities include exam or interview rooms and/or the group program or conference rooms. All requests are reviewed by a panel of Osher Center staff to ensure that adequate resources are available to implement and support new and ongoing research.
An application must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the Contract & Grants submission deadline. Requests for peer reviews should be made at least 60 days prior to deadline.
Steps in the Application Process:
- Notify Rick Hecht, Director of Research, of intention and submit a proposal & abstract of proposed research.
- Complete the Application Form, and submit it electronically to Marcia Gutierrez.
- If you are interested in receiving a peer review, let Marcia Gutierrez know when you submit your proposal. If scheduled well in advance, a peer review can be a valuable resource, providing the Principal Investigator with constructive criticism and valuable recommendations for study design, analysis, as well as general grantsmanship. Our peer review team consists of faculty and staff affiliated with the Osher Center.
- Contact Angela Sutkaitis, Finance Manager, to discuss grant deadline and budgeting information.
- Contact Marcia Gutierrez to discuss use of clinic space and/or practitioners.
- Marcia Gutierrez will monitor progress of each application and contact you if additional information is required. Once your application review is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from her.
Study Implementation (once funded)
- Please contact Marcia Gutierrez as soon as you have been notified that your grant will be awarded.
- Update and resubmit the Osher Center application to Marcia Gutierrez. Please include the study manager’s name and contact information, CHR approval number, ZZ account information, and any changes that may have been made to the study design.
- Contact Marcia Gutierrez to discuss use of clinic space and scheduling practitioners (if applicable).
- If you will be hiring outside practitioners to work on your study at the Osher Center, you should begin the process immediately. Please note that this process is likely to take 3-4 months. Contact Leslie Murchy prior to hiring practitioners. She will provide you with requirements for individual practitioners and the credentialing application that must be submitted to the medical staff services office. The credentialing process should begin in conjunction with the hiring process.
- You will need to schedule a clinic meeting at least 45 days prior to recruitment to discuss implementation of the upcoming study. You will be asked to provide a brief, 20-minute overview of the study. Contact Marcia Gutierrez to set up this meeting.
If you are planning to resubmit a grant application, please update and resubmit your Osher Center application at least 45 days in advance of the submission deadline.
- Update and resubmit the Osher application to Marcia Gutierrez.
- Contact Angela Sutkaitis, Finance Manager, to discuss grant deadline and budgeting information, as costs and fees may have increased since the initial submission.
- If any changes have been made to the study design that affect Osher Center resources (e.g., such as a change in the number of study participants, study visits, or practitioner requirements, etc.), contact Marcia Gutierrez.
- Marcia Gutierrez will monitor progress of the application. She will contact you if additional information is required. Once your application review is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from her.