IRISS: A study for people coping with a new HIV diagnosis
Have you been recently diagnosed with HIV? The IRISS study is looking at what’s effective in helping people cope with a new HIV diagnosis.
Participating in IRISS:
Participants in the IRISS Study will complete four assessment interviews over 15 months and have three blood draws to measure CD4 and Viral Load.
Participation also includes five weekly sessions of either:
- personalized interviews to talk about what’s going on since testing positive or
- skills-building exercises to better manage your mood
You may be eligible if:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have been recently diagnosed with HIV
- Are an English or Spanish speaker
You will receive up to $275 for participating in 10 visits.
For more information, please e-mail IRISS@ocim.ucsf.edu or call 415-353-4299 (message only line).
The IRISS study is being conducted by the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine with multiple sites in San Francisco and the East Bay.