DELISH Study: Diabetes Education to Lower Insulin, Sugars and Hunger
UCSF seeks adults with type 2 diabetes for low-carbohydrate diet study
|Trying to improve your diabetes through diet?
Are food cravings a challenge?
Participate in a study on diet, diabetes, and food cravings!
Study participants will:
- Follow a low-carbohydrate diet that emphasizes non-starchy vegetables, fats, and proteins, and limits starches and sugars
- Receive 15 supportive group sessions to learn and implement a low-carbohydrate diet to help manage your diabetes. You may also learn mindfulness skills to cope with food cravings.
- Receive support in making long-term dietary changes
- Complete 3 assessment visits over 6 months
- Be compensated up to $140 for study visits
- have type 2 diabetes
- experience and eat in response to food cravings
- be 18+ years old.