Circadian HIV RNA Oscillations and Outcomes of Stress
UCSF Chronos Study seeks men aged 25-55 with HIV
Dr. Rick Hecht and colleagues at the Positive Health Program and Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at UCSF are seeking participants for a study on the effects of hormones, stress, and mood on HIV reservoirs (i.e. how much HIV that remains in the body while on treatment).
Study participation includes:
- 2 study visits, each lasting approximately 2.5 hours on weekday afternoons
- blood draws; saliva sampling; questionnaires about health, thoughts and emotions; and having physical reactions (e.g. heart rate and blood pressure) to stress measured during thinking and talking activities
- payment of up to $200
Participants must be:
- Male, 25-55 years old, HIV-positive
- on suppressive ART for 3 years or longer
- undetectable viral load within the last 6 months
- additional screening to be done by study staff
Details are available on the consent form.
To enroll, or for more information, call 415-353-9723.