Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting
This program is an invitation to begin or deepen the practice of mindfulness for meeting the profound mind-body changes during pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.
Through mindfulness meditation, yoga, and group dialogue we will learn a way to fully live the joys and challenges of this transformative time and cultivate lifelong skills for healthy living and wise parenting.
In this course, you will:
- Access deep interior resources for calm and ease;
- Learn to engage the mind to work with pain during labor;
- Understand the physiology of childbirth, breastfeeding, and babies;
- Practice prenatal yoga for strength and flexibility;
- Increase confidence and courage for labor and delivery; and
- Develop tools for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting, and daily life.
Mindful Magazine, August 2013 cover story (left)
Greater Good Magazine, summer 2008
Video of University of Massachusetts Grand Rounds
by Jennifer Jo Averill Moffitt, CNM, MSN
Fee: $630 per couple, $335 per single ($531/$265.50 with UCSF discount)
Includes Mindful Birthing book and two audio CDs
Not offered in 2017, future dates TBD
Nancy Bardacke speaks on
“Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting: An Introduction”
at Greater Good Science Center’s Practicing Mindfulness and Compassion Conference
Should you need accommodation in order to apply to or participate in a program offered by the Osher Center, please contact the Osher Clinic Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 415-353-7718.
Great Expectations – all classes offered by UCSF Women’s Health Resource Center to help expecting mothers and their partners learn more about pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and parenting.