Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention from moment to moment in a non-judgmental way. This simple, but powerful practice opens the door to self-healing and insight. It can also provide options for coping with the stress of everyday life and the stress of illness.
In October of 2015, the British government published a promising report on mindfulness. Earlier in the year, Mindful magazine published an article about this initiative, UK on the Fast Track to Becoming a Mindful Nation.
Mindfulness programs at the Osher Center include:
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (CME available)
- Mindfulness Alumni Programs
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting Training for Health Professionals
- The Mind in Labor: Working with Pain in Childbirth
- Mindfulness for Teens
- Mindfulness for Urban Youth
- Meditation and Guided Imagery for People with Cancer and Caregivers
Watch Kevin Barrows, MD speak about mindfulness.
Should you need accommodation in order to apply to or participate in a program offered by the Osher Center, please contact the Osher Clinic Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 415-353-7718.