Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention from moment to moment in a non-judgmental way. This simple, but powerful practice opens the door to self-healing and insight. It can also provide options for coping with the stress of everyday life and the stress of illness.
In October of 2015, the British government published a promising report on mindfulness. Earlier in the year, Mindful magazine published an article about this initiative, UK on the Fast Track to Becoming a Mindful Nation.
Mindfulness programs at the Osher Center include:
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (CME available)
- Mindfulness Alumni Programs
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting Training for Health Professionals
- The Mind in Labor: Working with Pain in Childbirth
- Mindfulness for Teens
- Mindfulness for Urban Youth
- Meditation and Guided Imagery for People with Cancer and Caregivers
Watch Kevin Barrows, MD, Director of Mindfulness Programs speak about mindfulness.
Should you need accommodation in order to apply to or participate in a program offered by the Osher Center, please contact the Osher Clinic Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 415-353-7718.