Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention from moment to moment in a non-judgmental way. This simple, but powerful practice opens the door to self-healing and insight. It can also provide options for coping with the stress of everyday life and the stress of illness.
Mindfulness programs at the Osher Center include:
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (CME/CEU available)
- Mindfulness Alumni Programs
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting
- The Mind in Labor: Working with Pain in Childbirth
- Meditation and Guided Imagery for People with Cancer and Caregivers
- Mindfulness for Urban Youth
Watch James Mitchell’s presentation on “The Psychology of Meditative Thinking:
A Practical and Philosophical Approach to Wellness in Integrative Medicine.”
Should you need accommodation in order to apply to or participate in a program offered by the Osher Center, please contact the Osher Clinic Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-353-7718.