Living with Cancer
These classes are offered free of charge to anyone living with cancer (not limited to UCSF patients), as well as their caregivers. They are co-sponsored by the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and the UCSF Ida & Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center. To register for any of these classes, please call the Cancer Resource Center at 415-885-3693.
- Healing Through Dance
- Restorative Movement: The Feldenkrais Method®
- Core & More
- Meditation and Guided Imagery
|Visit our online
Cancer and Nutrition
Support Group for Cancer Patients
We host a support group for cancer patients with facilitator Patty Moran, PhD on Wednesdays from 5:20-6:50 pm. This group is for people with any type of cancer, in any stage. Please note that this group is for patients only, rather than caregivers. To register for this group, please call Patty Moran, PhD at 415-353-9745.
The UCSF Cancer Resource Center also holds several support groups for people with cancer and their caregivers.
- Osher Center Cancer Care Clinicians
- Osher Center Cancer and Nutrition guide
- Osher Center Integrative Cancer Care video library
- Caregivers: Support for Family Caregivers of Loved Ones with Serious Illness.
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Patient Education Resources
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Podcasts
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Videos
- Thinking About Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Guide to People with Cancer from the National Cancer Institute
- Talking about Complementary and Alternative Medicine with Health Care Providers: A Workbook and Tips from the National Cancer Institute
- Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment from the National Cancer Institute
- Anti-cancer Lifestyle Program from Concord Hospital
Dr. Donald Abrams’ 4-part video series on Integrative Cancer Care at Commonweal: