Living with Cancer
Learn about Cancer and Nutrition in this in-depth section of our website.
The following classes are offered free of charge to anyone living with cancer (not limited to UCSF patients), as well as their caregivers. They are co-sponsored by the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and the UCSF Ida & Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center.
- Healing Through Dance
- Restorative Movement: The Feldenkrais Method®
- Core & More
- YogaCares: Therapeutic Yoga for Cancer Patients
- Meditation and Guided Imagery
- Laughter Infusion: Laughter in the Hospital
To register for any of these classes, please call the Cancer Resource Center at 415-885-3693.
Support Group for Cancer Patients
We host a support group for cancer patients with facilitator Patty Moran, PhD on Wednesdays from 5:20-6:50 pm. This group is for people with any type of cancer, in any stage. Please note that this group is for patients only, rather than caregivers. To register for this group, please call Patty Moran, PhD at 415-353-9745.
The UCSF Cancer Resource Center also holds several support groups for people with cancer and their caregivers.
Online Course for Caregivers
We also have an online course for caregivers of people with serious illness:
Caregivers: Support for Family Caregivers of Loved Ones with Serious Illness.
- UCSF Osher Center Cancer Care Clinicians
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Patient Education Resources
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Podcasts
- Thinking About Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Guide to People with Cancer from the National Cancer Institute
- Talking about Complementary and Alternative Medicine with Health Care Providers: A Workbook and Tips from the National Cancer Institute
- Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment from the National Cancer Institute
Dr. Donald Abrams’ 4-part video series on Integrative Cancer Care at Commonweal: