Living with Cancer
The following classes are offered free of charge to anyone living with cancer (not limited to UCSF patients), as well as their caregivers. They are co-sponsored by the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and the UCSF Ida & Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center.
- Healing Through Dance
- Promoting Health with Qi Gong
- Restorative Movement
- Core & More
- YogaCares: Therapeutic Yoga for Cancer Patients
- Meditation and Guided Imagery
- Laughter Infusion: Outpatient Therapeutic Laughter Program
To register for any of these classes, please call the Cancer Resource Center at 415-885-3693. You will be asked to fill out this Health History form (pages 2-4).
Support Group for Cancer Patients
We host a support group for cancer patients with facilitator Patty Moran, PhD on Wednesdays from 5:20-6:50 pm. This group is for people with any type of cancer, in any stage. Please note that this group is for patients only, rather than caregivers. To register for this group, please call Patty Moran, PhD at 415-353-9745.
The UCSF Cancer Resource Center also holds several support groups for people with cancer and their caregivers.
Support Group for Post-Treatment Cancer Patients
We also offer a peer-led Attitudinal Healing International group called “Stage Thrive: Living Beyond Cancer” for those who have recently finished treatment.
Online Course for Caregivers
We also have an online course for caregivers of people with serious illness:
Caregivers: Support for Family Caregivers of Loved Ones with Serious Illness.
Watch the video of QiGong for People with Cancer and their Caregivers,
led by Dr. Joseph Acquah.
- UCSF Osher Center Cancer Care Clinicians
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Podcasts
- Thinking About Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Guide to People with Cancer from the National Cancer Institute
- Talking about Complementary and Alternative Medicine with Health Care Providers: A Workbook and Tips from the National Cancer Institute
- Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment from the National Cancer Institute