Classes & Lectures
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine offers a variety of groundbreaking lectures, classes, workshops, and therapeutic programs for the public. Our programs emphasize patient empowerment, prevention, and whole person healing, and are designed to provide the public with the opportunity to see and hear what is going on with integrative medicine at UCSF inside the worlds of research, education and clinical programs.
All of our programs emphasize prevention as the cornerstone of good health, and underscore how the Osher Center integrates the best of modern medicine with established practices from around the world in order to bring complete healthcare to all people. It is astounding that the annual economic impact in the US of preventable chronic disease is now $1 trillion. The Osher Center’s group programs seek to address this deficit by empowering individuals to take control of their health and lifestyle choices as a means to preventing disease.
For questions about our classes or how to register, please call 415-353-7718 or e-mail email@example.com.
Mindfulness & Meditation
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (CME/CEU available)
- Mindfulness Alumni Programs
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting
- The Mind in Labor
- Mindfulness-Based Dementia Care (CME/CEU available)
- Mindfulness for Urban Youth
Tai Chi & Yoga
Living with Cancer
- Healing Through Dance
- Promoting Health with QiGong
- Restorative Movement
- Core & More
- YogaCares: Therapeutic Yoga for Cancer Patients
- Meditation and Guided Imagery
- Caregivers Project