Tuesday, May 31, 8:00 – 9:30 am
UCSF Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
School of Nursing Building, 2 Koret Way, Room 225
Atlas of Emotions by:
- Paul Ekman, PhD, Professor Emeritus, UCSF Department of Psychiatry and
- Eve Ekman, PhD, Osher Fellow, NCCIH Postdoctoral Training Program in Research in Integrative Medicine, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
Update: Watch the video of the Grand Rounds presentation
By the end of this lecture, attendees will learn:
- How emotions work
- How to use a new tool for understanding emotions in work with patients
- How to use a new tool for understanding emotions in teaching medical students
- How to use a new tool for understanding emotions in teaching residents
Grand Rounds presentations are for educational purposes and intended for a professional audience.
The University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nursing: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
- Psychology: This educational activity is recognized by the California Board of Psychology as meeting the continuing education requirements toward license renewal for California psychologists. Psychologists are responsible for reporting their own attendance to the California Board of Psychology. Psychologists from other states should check with their respective licensing board.
- MFTs and LCSWs: This course meets the qualifications on an hour-for-hour basis of continuing education credit for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (Approval #PCE1272).
- Pharmacy: The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
Certificates of attendance will be emailed automatically to participants at the address provided at sign-in on a semi-annual basis. You must sign in to qualify for CME credit for this event.