The Osher Center is proud to announce that we will be hosting a Mini Medical School for the Public on the topic of “Integrative Medicine and Mindfulness: From the Monastery to Modern Medical Practice” on Thursday evenings from May 12 through June 17, from 7:00 – 8:30 pm. The course is co-chaired by Dr. Shelley Adler, the Osher Center’s Interim Director and Director of Education and Dr. Rick Hecht, our Director of Research.
These courses will be held at the UCSF Parnassus Campus, at 513 Parnassus Avenue in the Nursing Building, Room 225. The cost is just $75 for the series or $15 per session. For more details and to register, please visit the Mini Medical School for the Public website.
Weekly Schedule (all Thursdays):
- 5/12: What Do We Really Know About Meditation and Health?
Rick Hecht, MD
- 5/19: Mindfulness: Your Attention Please!
Kevin Barrows, MD
- 5/26: This is your brain on meditation: how meditation impacts the brain and implications for health
Helen Weng, PhD
- 6/2: The Contractions of Labor and the Contractions of Life: Mindfulness Skills for Childbirth and Parenting
Nancy Bardacke, RN, MA, CNM
- 6/9: The Alchemy of Empathy, Transforming Stress in to Meaning at Work
Eve Ekman, PhD, MSW
- 6/16: Communitas: Transforming the Experience of Pediatric Chronic Illness through Mind-Body Medicine
Brittany Blockman, MD, MA